Monday, September 8, 2008

Crash Landing...

BANG!!! I'm nearly knocked out of my chair in the den! Something hit a kitchen window hard, surely the glass is cracked!! I go running in, window a bit smudged but okay... open door to find a Hawk spread out on the deck, not moving - oh I see eyes blinking... oh are we stunned!

I wasn't anxious to touch him (check out those claws!) so I run to grab my camera and by the time I got back he was a bit more "alive" and hopped up, leaning against the chair to steady himself! Then only wanted to stand on one foot. I backed off and let him recover more slowly. It took awhile but, yeah, up up and away.

Glad I wasn't on that flight!!


5 comments:

Paige and Garret Story said...

wow you must have very clean windows :)

Brian and Carly said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!! Way to grab some great shots! How neat.

Brian and Carly said...

Holy Cow! That's crazy!

Love ya,

Brian

Grammy Ludwig said...

he is beautiful !!! i am glad he is o.k. hope you are having fun in hawaii with your sisters. i love you...

Grammy Ludwig said...

welcome home !!! love you !!!