Yesterday late afternoon I looked out the window to admire all my backyard friends... earlier I had counted SEVEN squirrels running around playing, jumping from tree to tree and emptying the feeders as fast as I could fill them... also I was admiring all the colored finches in the bird feeders, doves, quail and other various tweetie birds. As I glanced up in the tree there was this HUGE Owl!!! The squirrels were still running around in the branches not too far from it, so I gathered he was not a threat to them. I was crazy running around here getting my camera, which didn't have a memory card in it... then changing lenses to my largest one (which was locked in the safe)... Amazingly by the time I got it all together he was still there. I opened our upstairs bedroom slider and took a few - he was very aware I was there, notice the squirrels all hid though. Then I came down stairs and out the door to try and get even closer.... I could tell he was getting nervous (or ticked off) hesitated, then took off over the field south. I did get a few photos though. Definitely the largest wild owl I've ever seen.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
oh my heavens... i live in the wrong place... all i ever see is a stray dog.....love you!
omg! how cool! your brave i would never have gone outside to try and get a picture of it! Owls creep me out! I'm always afraid they're gonna come after me! They just have that look on their face like their creepy and mean enough to do it! hahaha way cool picture!
oh my gosh thats so cool! what an amazing picture!!!!
Wow. That is gorgeous! How cool!
Post a Comment