It was time to get the heck out of Dodge again, so we saddled up, hitched up the wagon (carrying the necessary play equipment) and headed for the southern Oregon beaches - sand dunes! We camped in Winchester Bay and could ride the 4 wheelers down the path and onto the open dune areas. The first day was a bit cool & windy with a foggy mist trailing us around, but still fun. I'd always wanted a salt water - sand blast - facial treatment! haha.
The next day was beautiful and we headed out much earlier. We rode up and down the hills, in & out of the brush, and into some uncharted areas (for us). I'm always such a chicken! But I love to watch them go up the BIG hills that DROP OFF the other side!!! Steve loves that power!!! haha ...and gets right up there. After lunch we loaded up the ATVs on the pickup and drove a few minutes up the coast to the beach area... I love going for miles up the beach, dodging the waves, seagulls, jelly fish, and slowing down every once in a while to pick up some sea shells, and other mysterious treasures. It was a great time.
Friday night was our anniversary #27!!! Oh my... so we made it back to Portland for the night and went to dinner at Salty's on the Columbia River. Very nice.

My Hero! Loading the 4 wheelers... no way would I drive them up that ramp!

Changing the tires for the sand

A bit windy on the top, with the ocean fog rolling in too.
The next day was beautiful and we headed out much earlier. We rode up and down the hills, in & out of the brush, and into some uncharted areas (for us). I'm always such a chicken! But I love to watch them go up the BIG hills that DROP OFF the other side!!! Steve loves that power!!! haha ...and gets right up there. After lunch we loaded up the ATVs on the pickup and drove a few minutes up the coast to the beach area... I love going for miles up the beach, dodging the waves, seagulls, jelly fish, and slowing down every once in a while to pick up some sea shells, and other mysterious treasures. It was a great time.
Friday night was our anniversary #27!!! Oh my... so we made it back to Portland for the night and went to dinner at Salty's on the Columbia River. Very nice.
My Hero! Loading the 4 wheelers... no way would I drive them up that ramp!
Changing the tires for the sand
A bit windy on the top, with the ocean fog rolling in too.

I made it to the top... now lets go down!



3 comments:
So fun! Wish we could have been there! ~Brian
Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had such a great time! Love you guys!
Car
oh my gosh!!! that looks like fun. while you were there we were laying on rafts in lake powell !! we are so blessed to have such great times!!! love you.. maybe some day i will be well enough so we can do thing together. i am working on it... tell steve hello!
happy anniv. we are nearly to our 30th !!!
Post a Comment